Hi! Kesha here of New World Tarot! I hope you are feeling wonderful and happy and healthy right now! Thank you for joining me today for another blog!
So this month, we welcome another New Moon, this time in the sign of Pisces. New Moons are a great time to re-dedicate our energies to what we want to have, achieve and obtain. This is the part of the moon cycle that denotes new beginnings and the planting of new seeds for our future goals. The New Moons hold potent energetic potential for manifestation and intention. As each New Moon appears in a different sign, it’s a great and very natural time to work with the energies that are naturally in the air.
The sign of Pisces, which is the sign that this New Moon appears in, is symbolized by the Fish. This sign is the last sign of the Western zodiac. As such, it represents a time of transition. In many ways, it represents a spiritual and energetic death and rebirth. How have your New Year’s resolutions been? If you’ve failed to keep on track with those intentions you made back in December, this time could represent a new opportunity to start over. This is quite like an astrological New Year.
The sign of Pisces is heavily rooted in the mysteries of the subconscious mind. It’s ruled by the dark and mysterious element of Water. Pisces is all about intuition and information that gets downloaded from the Universe without really knowing how. In other words, it’s all about psychic ability and the powers of the Spirit being manifested in the human body and mind. Pisces is all about the origins of your Spirit and the connection between your Spirit and Source. It’s about the language that your original mind – your subconscious mind – speaks: dreams , fantasies and imagination.
Everyone – including YOU – has intuition and psychic ability. Psychic ability is basically your tether, your connection, to Source. If you believe that you began as pure Spirit, then intuition and psychic knowledge is simply information that comes through from your connection to the Universe, to Source, via your spiritual origins as pure Spirit. Because it is not valued by our current Western society, your intuition has likely been ignored and discounted. As a result, you are likely rusty in this area UNLESS you have been working it! The potential lies within you, but if you don’t use it, you “lose” it, and it will deteriorate. Just like with your physical body, you need to work and train your intuitive muscles in order to be strong in that area.
Our current mainstream society puts a huge, heavy and multi-million-dollar emphasis on training your physical assets and abilities, but as far as your intuitive abilities…Crickets. :-) That is, until recently. I feel we are actually rounding a curve in our day and age in which intuitive awareness and fitness is slowly being recognized, valued and investigated! It’s a fascinating time, for sure!
So let’s talk about the advantages of having a strong intuition and a strong connection with Spirit. The biggest reason I can think of is that it keeps your mind clearer and keeps your head calm on the rapids of life. Life is beautiful, but it can also be challenging, stressful, scary, heartbreaking and overwhelming. Keeping a strong intuitive connection with Spirit, with Source, gives you reprieve from the daily and constant barrage of society’s stresses. It provides a line that relieves and drains out the constant pressure, allowing YOU to breath and refresh yourself. This is soooo important for psychological, mental, emotional and YES, physical health and wellbeing. It also reminds you that though Earthly matters seem extremely important, you are an eternal, Spiritual being at your core, and any troubles and trauma that occur to your physical body is but a single drop of a grain of sand in the greater scheme of things. This too shall pass, as the maxim goes.
Another reason why having strong intuition matters is because it will bring about your Earthly desires faster, easier and with less effort. And who doesn’t want that?? I have to say, I suspect that this is one of the key reasons that Intuition is being looked at much more seriously as a serious area of study in our society. We do live in a capitalistic society, and some of the most successful people in our world have come right out and said that a huge part of what made their fortune is a sixth sense, a “knowing” of making the right moves, making the right trades, planting the right seeds, at the right time. A study of their business history seems to back these statements. How did they know to do what they did at the time they did it??
Intuition appears to be, ironically, the most logical answer. And yes, the People want to know…If Intuition indeed helped this person or that individual make their millions, how do I get some of that too?? I personally believe your are here on this Earth to overcome challenges and to leave the world a better place then it was before you arrived. Money and Earthly success are great ways to achieve both of these things, so I believe that being more successful in your Earthly endeavors is a valid reason for strengthening your Intuition. Just remember that money is a step in the process and a tool in the process, not the end result.
Another reason why having strong intuition matters is because it brings joy to your life! It brings peace to your life as well! And it brings purpose and design to your life. Do you believe that your origins are Spiritual? If so, what to you is the quality of Spirit? In my opinion, Spirit is eternal and indestructible. It is therefore fearless , bold, courageous and takes great pleasure and fun in adventure and challenge. Spirit is Joy and Light. It knows no fear or sadness or pain. It loves experience, it loves to play, and it loves to feel and be and do. When you tap into your connection with Spirit, you tap into these aspects of Spirit. You will laugh more, you will be filled with more Joy and more of a sense of adventure and wonder. You will also see the hand of intelligent design in your life as well. You will see coincidences that will line up like dominoes to make amazing things happen in your life…because you ASKED.
I believe, as humans, we need purpose and design in our lives to be happiest. A perception of drifting from one meaningless event to the next, like a shipwreck survivor at sea on a piece of driftwood, again in MY experience, makes for an unhealthy life experience that so often leaves the door open for self-destructive ideas and behavior that serves no one and benefits no one and nothing. Such a limited ant’s eye view puts you in a perpetual state of survival, just trying to hang in there and swim over to the next piece of driftwood, and this viewpoint again robs you of power. A sense of self-power, purpose and direction is needed to make your life richer AND to make the lives of others richer as well.
So what do you do if you’ve never worked with your intuition? Well, you start. :-) Like physical health, as long as you are here, it’s never too late to turn things around! So how do you strengthen your meditative muscles?
1. Meditate! The first thing you must do is to implement and practice a daily meditation practice. There are different ways to meditate. The most important thing to do is to spend at least 15 minutes, at least once a day – preferably in the morning – to separate yourself from all the busy thoughts and plans and noises and distractions of the day. You can do this in complete silence, or put on some relaxing instrumental music to quiet you mind. You want to close your eyes and still your mind. You want to go completely thoughtless for at least some of the time. You can also use this time to listen for any insights or ideas that may come in response to questions or problems that you may have. This can also be done at night, towards your bed time.
2. Re-Acquaint Yourself with Nature. Our busy, 21st –century lives have gotten so far away from our original states. We were made to be surrounded by clean air, clean water, ground and trees. Nowadays, we are most often surrounded by concrete, metal, plastic, electricity and chemicals. It is so important to return to nature, to reset your mental equilibrium and physical and emotional health. Being in Nature reminds us that the Universe is abundant and that the Universe provides for all its creations. Plants don’t struggle to grow, they just grow. Everything is not “Go, Go, Go” in Nature, all of the time. Nature loves cycles of growth and rest, activity and inactivity, aggression and passivity. As a Tarot consultant, I jump at the chance to do Tarot in natural surroundings like forests and beaches because the readings come through so sharp and spinetingling amazing in Nature! The Universe IS Nature, so if you want to connect with it and tap into what it has to say, get outside and get into Nature
3. Use Intuitive & Psychic Tools – Stones, Candles, Mala, Oils, Incense, Oracle/Tarot. Though it is certainly beneficial to train your intuition using nothing but your body, I definitely encourage you to try tools if they interest you. Obviously, I have a tool. Or rather, several tools! My favorite tools to use to communicate with the Universe are Tarot decks and Oracle decks. You can also use stones or seashells as amplifiers, to amplify or increase a certain energy or purpose, such as using an iolite stone for increased focus and intuitive power during your meditations. Mala beads are another amazing tool for working with Spirit. They can be made from various stones, and can be worn on the body, wrapped around the hands or placed on a table or altar. Candles are fun, smell amazing, and can also be used to increase your own intuitive powers. Candles come in different colors and even shapes to channel different energies while you are working with Spirit. Oils and incense are another way to work with an invoke Spirit for communicating. You may also wish to work with statues of gods and goddesses. Intuitive tools are varied, are fun and can really help to focus your intentions and therefore get much clearer communication.
4. Read Books & Take Courses. Like anything in this world that you want to learn how to do or how to do better, intuitive training is no different. Take advice from a trusted intuitive practitioner. There is so much amazing information in books and courses. Two intuitives who offer amazing courses or books that I can recommend are medium James van Praagh and healer Jeffrey Allen.
5. Study the World of Dreams. And finally, listen to your subconscious mind! The Universe will often speak to you through your subconscious mind, that is the mind of your emotions. This part of your mind speaks in the language of dreams. Insights, ideas and inspiration can often come through in your dreams. There are again, several books on receiving messages and crafting an amazing life through dreams. I encourage you to look into working with your dreams to download and co-create solutions to your problems and challenges.
Now go out there and work those intuitive muscles!! :-)